Sunday, July 12, 2015

Life is short

Just a week ago Aaron rode in my truck as I took him to the hospital to start his chemotherapy.  I wrote about him (see two posts ago) having cancer and how I struggled with the smell in the truck and God showing me that it was the least I could do considering how much he pain he was in.  When we were at the hospital they did blood work and decided to start chemo on the 13th.  I was supposed to take him tomorrow morning.  When we got home from church tonight at 6:30(yes, that is a long day...) I got a phone call saying that I didn't need to go tomorrow because he passed away yesterday. 
He had actually seemed like he was feeling a little better last week compared to the first time I had seen him.  Hard to believe he has passed away.  His last words to me are still fresh in my mind as he thanked me for taking him to the hospital.  He even said he wanted to go to my church because I had been so kind to him.  We never know when it will be our last time to see someone.  Thankfully, Aaron said he was a believer.  God is showing me that I need to make the most of every opportunity He gives me because life is short.  We aren't promised tomorrow.  May God mold me more into His image.  May He use me to bring others to Him before it is eternally too late.

No comments: