Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mothers Day thoughts


I have to be honest and say that I am a little jealous of seeing all these pictures on fb of moms with their kids today.  This is the first year that I have not had any kids at home on this day.  It's been 14 months since I have seen Zach and Megan.  A year since I have seen Justin.  Then, our youngest, Hannah, is in Kenya so it has just been a few weeks since she was home.  So this is our life now with an empty nest most of the time. Of course we miss our kids like crazy and love them so very much, but at the same time it is a sweet season of life.  We tried to raise our kids in such a way that they would be prepared to leave our nest, go back to the US, and begin a life doing whatever God calls them to do, wherever He calls them to go. It wasn't always easy being a mother.  In fact, it was hard a lot of the time.   A mother's job is 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  I know I made lots of mistakes along the way and still do. Even if you work full time outside the home, you don't stop being a mom even when you have other things to do, or they are grown and have left your home.  Your kids are on your mind and in your heart no matter how far apart you are, and no matter how old they get.  But to me, no matter how hard it is, being a mom is worth it all! So as I sit here today being a little jealous of mothers who are with their kids today, I am choosing to offer my nest to the Lord as a sacrifice to Him.  I know He cares and loves me.  I know I am the apple of His eye and so are my children.  So today, if you can't be with your kids or if you don't have any children at all, just remember you mean a lot to a child somewhere, whether you realize it or not.  And that is a blessing beyond measure! Happy Mother's Day!



Let your father and your mother be glad, And let her rejoice who gave birth to you. Prov. 23:25

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.~ Psalm 127:3

No comments: