Friday, August 20, 2010

What did we forget?

Zach going off to college!

packing up early in the morning.

outside his dorm

inside Zach's dorm room before he got it fixed up. Kevin is laying on Zach's bed. I guess he needed a rest.

the other side of the room

Zach's dorm


this is on the side of a mountain

LU has a ski slope which is amazing! The two boys below were snowboarding.


As a parent, as your children are growing up you are trying to train them in the way that they should go. As a part of that we try to train them to be independent while also teaching them life skills that will help them when they go out on their own. For us, our time has come, we just took Zach to Liberty Wed. and got back home last night. He has two good roommates, everyone was helpful, he got all moved in pretty quickly and is taking his freshman orientation classes. He says he really likes it so far! So why do I go over in my mind about what we may have missed. Shouldn't this be harder? What did I not teach him? Shouldn't I have cried all the way home?? Well, I did cry for a few min. and Zach was comforting me. He said, "Mom, it's going to be ok, it's just like me going to RVA but I'll be closer and come home more often." When did he get so grown up? As much as I missed him while at boarding school I am thankful for how his time away prepared him for life at college. I think it has also help prepare me and Kevin for this time in our life. I can't even imagine what it will be like when we go back to Zambia and he isn't getting on the plane with us but that will be a blog for another time. So, I guess for now we just keep praying for him and watch him grow into the man God is calling him to be. It's his time to fly....to soar...to reach new heights. I'm proud to continue to be his cheerleader!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Suzie, you are a great Mom. And you always will be. You have given him such a solid foundation...you have taught him the best things by the very example of your life and your love as a wife and mother all these years. He will do well. Blessings, my friend. Love you. Stacey Conard