Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lake Malawi

 We recently visited Lake Malawi for a meeting.  I didn't take any pictures of the meeting, sorry!  I know you must be disappointed in that.  Ha!  We were in the meeting all day but one day late in the afternoon we went out on a boat to a nearby island and got to snorkel.  We saw lots of fish eagles.  The water was warm and we saw lots of beautiful fish.


 It was so beautiful!



 getting a fish




 These birds were all in the trees on the island.

 God thrilled me by allowing me to see some weaver birds which are my favorite!

 This picture was taken from the boat of the shore.

 This is where we stayed.  Looks nice but we had squirrels in our room. Ha!  Thankfully, they stayed up in the rafters!



 We saw this huge snail on our wall one evening.  We also got to see lots of monkeys but I never got a picture of them.

 Hannah out on the sand



At the end of the week we had a 3 day spiritual retreat which was wonderful.  It was just what we needed after being in the states, traveling back to Zambia, and rushing around for two weeks trying to get our house in order before traveling to Malawi.  

This was my view from our porch when I had my QT.

No comments: