Wednesday, April 8, 2020

An exciting testimony

Each week I have been going to a nearby hospital to pray for the patients and share the gospel when the opportunity arises.  Each week I would talk to Moses who is one of the security guards and share as much of the gospel as I could in a short time before he had to do work.  The second week there I left a tract with him to read and said I would ask him about it the next week.  When we arrived on the 3rd week he asked his security team if he could take a break and talk to me.  We went over to the side and I asked him if he had read the tract.  He proceeded to tell me that he had found a man selling bibles on the road and he bought one and had been reading it.  He had read the tract and asked me a few questions.  When I asked him if he wanted to repent of his sins and follow Christ, he said “yes!”  Right there to the side of the hospital he prayed to receive Christ.  Immediately after, he asked me to teach him how to share with others about Jesus.  He wanted to learn so that he could tell others about Jesus like I had told him.  He said that I (along with my partner) should make a plan to go to his house to talk to his family and neighbors.  We told him we would make a plan to do that after the coronavirus was over.  The next week we went back just to drop off some follow up material for him.  I gave him 3 lessons to do and said that he could write me with questions.  Then last week, I took 4 more lessons for him to complete.  As I was about to leave he ran and got his first 3 lessons which were completed for me to see.  I told him it looked good and I was proud of him for completing it.  I handed it back to him and he said, “aren’t you going to take it with you and check it to make sure I answered correctly?”  I love his enthusiasm!  Also, after he got saved I was in church and they asked for visitors to come up to the front like they usually do.  I was looking down and then I heard his voice say, ”my names is Moses, and I’m born again….”  I was so excited!! I had not known he was there until that moment.

No comments: