Friday, November 16, 2007

Give Thanks!

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100
As I was having my QT this morning I came to this portion of scripture. I thought of two different things as I read this scripture. 1-How am I like sheep? Sheep are very dependent animals. They need a shepherd to protect them and guide them to good pasture and water. Like sheep, I need someone to lead me. When I follow the Lord, I find spiritual safety and nourishment. However, if I had chosen to follow my own sinful desires, I would risk eternal death caused by spiritual predators. 2-I have so much to be thankful for: my salvation and my relationship with God, my family-both here and in America, good health, good friends all over the world, good food to eat while so many around me have so little, electricity(most of the time), water, a nice home, a great job with lots of benefits, and Zambians to work with and minister to. I could go on and on with everything I have to be thankful for but I won't because sooner or later you would stop reading. Remember all that you have to be thankful for also. Sometimes when we are struggling and going through tough times it is hard to think of our blessings but I would encourage you to do that anyway. Maybe I have listed a few things that can get you started and then you can continue on from there. The next time you go to church enter in with thanksgiving and praise!

1 comment:

Mandy McGannon said...

Dear Susie and Kevin,

What a great job on this blog! It makes it very easy to get to your site now. This is Mandy McGannon from little old Rhode Island of the USA, at Greenmeadow Baptist Church. We are keeping your ministry and Zach in our prayers.

Blessings,

Mandy and the rest of our church family.