Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Carowinds

Doesn't this look fun!


While we were visiting my sister in Charlotte, NC we went to Carowinds for the day. This top pic. is of all of us at the beginning of our day-refreshed and ready to go. We are straddling NC and SC. Front to back is Macey, Hannah, Michaela, Gram, me, and Justin(my sister took the pic.)



This pic. of Macey and Michaela were taken about half way through the day. We had only been there about 3 hours and it began to rain. We thought it would be just a shower but after sitting in a store for about 30 min. we decided it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. So, we ran in the rain all the way back to the van (which is a funny story in itself). We then drove to a gas station and did what most people would do after being drenched in wetness-we sat in the heat of the van got a diet coke and we each had a candy bar! We then proceeded to Toys-R-Us and I (suzie) got nominated to go in with all the kids. Do you know what wet shoes sound like on a floor? It squeeks! Anyway, we walked around in there for about 30 min. and then the rain stopped. Since we had spent all that money we decided to go back to Carowinds. The rain had stopped but we were still wet but we didn't let that stop us. We stayed until 8:00 that night. My poor mom stayed in the van and listened to one of her books on her ipod for about 3 hours. It was definitly a trip to remember!







Hannah is in the blue shirt and my neices are behind her.


My sister, Angie, and her daughter Macey. Justin rode in the front.




me and hannah


Of course we had to wait in line some but it really wasn't that bad.







2 comments:

Meredith said...

Hey Rodgers family! You were only a few hours away from me when you were in Charlotte. I live about 3 hours down the road in the Clemson area. It looks like you are having a great U.S. visit. I love reading your updates. Meredith

Tim and Lee Shaw said...

Having lots of FUN, I see. Keep it up! Tim