Thursday, September 6, 2018

Saying bye in Dar

 We stayed in Dar es Salaam for about 7 months with only about 5 months of actual language study time.  We really did enjoy staying in Dar but studying language full time was difficult.  One thing that helped so much were the friends we made there.  These sweet people came alongside of us and helped us learn Kiswahili.   They were so patient with us!

 We went to an actual school from 9-1 Monday-Friday. 

 We had several teachers at the school from time to time but Sai was our main teacher.  He is so good at what he does!

 3 afternoons a week I would go to a local market to practice.  

 Before I left I made a cake and took it to the ladies to enjoy.  I wanted to thank them for all they did to help me.

 Anna Maria has a shop in this market.  She was so encouraging along the way.  Some days I would be close to tears and she would always encourage me and tell me that I could do this.

 Some of my other friends





I sure miss my friends.  I look forward to the day I can go back and visit them!

No comments: