Friday, June 26, 2009

Creation to Christ

For the past two Thursdays I have been sharing the gospel at the women's meeting at Kamilulu Baptist Church using a method called Creation to Christ. Basically, it is sharing short stories from the Word of God beginning in Genesis up through Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. I shared half of it last week and finished it up this week. Thankfully, this wasn't just a time to teach the women how to share their faith. One woman, Adalyse Mwanza, came up and sat beside me right before we started practicing the stories. She told me she needed me to pray for her in an area she was struggling with. We talked about it for a while but when I asked her if she had ever repented of her sins and prayed to receive Christ she said she had not but wanted to right then. So right there in the middle of our meeting she repented of her sins and asked Jesus into her heart. Please pray for Amai Mwanza to grow in her relationship with Christ and that God would help her overcome that sin area in her life that she shared with me.
It has been so exciting the last two weeks because the third church, Namphande, finally joined us. I'm picking up about 11 women from that church and traveling to Kamilulu to meet with them and the women from Chinzete. So we have been having about 25 women. I will miss teaching for the whole month of July so please pray for the women as they continue to meet in their own churches until I return. Pray that we will be able to pick up where we left off in Aug.

No comments: