Thursday, June 4, 2009

Burning Words

I sure had a fun time today being with some of my favorite people in the world-Zambian Women! I have been planning on going to the Kamilulu area for several months now. However, the women were busy in the fields back in Feb./March and then we had 40/40 so I am just now able to begin going. I didn't know if they would be organized today or not to start with T4T so I prepared a short lesson entitled "Burning Words." I used several verses, one of which was James 3:5-6, "Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell." At the end of the lesson God nudged me to have them do a skit. They split into two different groups. One group did a skit on women using words in a good way. The other group did a skit on using words in a bad way. It was so much fun and they didn't even have to practice. I laughed so hard. The memory verse for the day was Proverbs 15:1 "Mayankhidwe ofatsa abweza mkwiyo; Koma mau owawitsa aputa msunamo." (translation: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.") After we finished and I prayed, they then began to sing songs having to do with the tongue. It was so special to hear them relate the verses we had shared together into songs that they all ready knew. It was now 4:00 and I still had an hour drive home and they brought out food-nshima, pumpkin leaves, and chicken. Well, I just couldn't pass that up! Yum!
I will be going on Thursdays over the next several months. I will pick up women at Nyamphande and take them to Kamilulu where the women from Chinzete will meet us. So there will be 3 baptist churches meeting together in one place. I am very excited and expectant of what God is going to do in the lives of these women and in my life too. Pray for us all that God would grow us closer to him during our time in the Word. Next week, I will be talking about testimonies and sharing mine with them. They will each have the opportunity to share theirs. This is a good time to see where they are spiritually or if they are even saved. Pray for discernment on my part and that God would lead me in how to share with them.



This pic. was taken in front of Kamilulu Baptist Church. They are in the process of putting on a new roof. Today women from Chinzete and Kamilulu met together. Next week the women from Nyamphande will join us also.


This is some of the women doing their skit.

No comments: