Sunday, June 15, 2014

Many Gifts

Have you ever read the book 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp?  I haven't quite made it all the way through that book yet but it had me thinking about the different gifts God had blessed me with.  While we were in the states recently, I was able to go walking a few times.  As I walked, I reflected on gifts He had given me just in our 10 days in the states.  I'm going to list them here in no particular order. 

hugs
seeing my sons and spending time with them
the warmth of the sun
the smell of honeysuckle
family
butterflies
eyes lighting up when they see me after being apart
daylight until around 8:30pm
spending mothers day with my mom
watching my oldest son graduate from University
laughter
seeing a huge snake and thanking God it was dead
shopping
eating out
going to a movie
walking along the Pamlico Sound
gazing out at the water
watching a sunset
enjoying a milkshake
walking a dog
friends
rest
sailboats out on the water
good food
the smell of magnolia trees
just hanging out with family
talking till late at night
flowers
woods
spiderwebs
neighbors you have known most of your life
letting my niece paint my fingernails
the smell of pine trees
a kiss on the cheek

These  were just some of the things I'm thankful for the opportunity to experience while we were in the states.  God is so good!

No comments: