Monday, June 8, 2015

Teaching on Gideon



Thursday I was able to go out in a rural area and teach at an associational women’s meeting.  It was so nice to be out with rural women!  I taught from Judges 6-7 on Gideon.  I did 3 lessons.  The first one was on how God called Gideon as an ordinary man to do an extraordinary job and how even though he didn’t see himself as a mighty warrior what was important was how God saw him.  Then I talked about self-image and God’s image a bit.  

 inside the church

 My second talk was about tearing down the idols in our life.  At the end of that we had about 20 women go outside and draw a circle on the ground and step inside of it.  Then I prayed for all of us that God would begin a revival in Zambia and that it would start in each of us. My last talk was on Gideon defeating the Midianites and how we can win the battles we face. 

 I only stayed for the day but it was nice.  I left at 7am and got home at 7pm.  I was exhausted but it was fun!  They gave me a huge bag of potatoes and then a live chicken!
Above is a picture of some of the women.  They all didn't come out for the picture. 

No comments: