Wednesday, September 10, 2008

20 Years ago....

20 Years ago today we said those two special words "I do."

Love is patient; love is kind.
Love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way: it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice in wrong doing, but rejoices in truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
And now faith, hope, and love abide,
and the greatest of these is love.

(I Corinthians 13)



September 10th, 1988 I would have never dreamed all that would have transpired in our lives these last 20 years. We were so young(22) and had our whole lives still before us. We didn't have very good jobs. I was selling grave plots and then later those big toilet paper, paper towel, and dish soap dispensers. Kevin didn't even have a job at first but then later sold cancer insurance. But you know, we had each other, and that at the time was enough. In those early years of our marriage God taught us so much about love, faith, and trusting in God for everything. Even though there were struggles, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have now known Kevin over half of my life since we dated 4 years before we were married. I love him more today than I did 20 years ago and am excited about the many years ahead that God may bless us with.


Don't you just love that 80's hair! Yes, ladies, that is all natural hair color. My hair started getting darker after Zach was born.


Off to our honeymoon...with about 100 crickets that our lovely friends in the background placed in our car.

Here we are 20 years later: with a few wrinkles, a few kids, wiser, and still in love!
Happy Anniversary!


Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.
-- Simone Signoret


For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
-- Judy Garland


I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.
-- Author Unknown


I wouldn't change a thing
as happiness you bring.
You are my soul mate.
A marriage made by fate.
-- Catherine Pulsifer

3 comments:

The Pughs said...

Suzie,
I was only allowed to spend a few moments with you on this planet but I knew then that we were kindred spirits. I share a love like yours with my soul mate. Now I will send my children to share a love for a country with you. I pray that though you will be on different ends that God will allow your path to cross with my Katie and your hearts will be encouraged on those rare meetings. May you know that you family is ever in my prayers and I look forward to sharing time with you in the Kingdom by and by. Love in the Name Above Every Name, Teresa Pugh <><

The Helgren Family said...

Congratulations on 20 years! Love you guys!

Angie said...

I am loving those pictures! You guys have not changed a bit. ;-) Happy Anniversary - a couple of days late.

Looking forward to seeing you.....maybe Dec./Jan....will you be bringing kids to camp??

Love,
angie