Friday, October 10, 2008

Bible Drill

The last couple of times that I have been to my women's meeting on Thursdays we have been doing some Bible Drills. I will call out a scripture reference and then the women will race to see who can find it first. If the women don't know how to read I will call out a book of the Bible and they have to tell me if it is in the old or new testament. I started this because during my lessons I would tell them a scripture to look up and it would take them about 3-4 min. to find it. It's amazing how much faster they have gotten in just two weeks.
Yesterday, I taught the ladies about leadership. It wasn't a story that I told this time but scripture from 1 Tim 3:1-13. I had more of a problem trying to communicate in their language than usual. Maybe because I was using words that I'm not that familiar with when talking about the qualifications of oversears and decons and it being a list of things. Anyway, I pray the ladies got something out of it.

No comments: