Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Thought for the Day

God Himself isn't changing, nor is His Son. He "is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever"(Hebrews 13:8). Isn't that a great thought? God is no different this year than He was last year or a decade ago. Nor will He change one hundred years from now. But even though He is the same, His working is different. It stays fresh. His ways and methods are forever fresh, unpredictably new.
If we are not careful, we will be so committed to how things have been done in the past that we will not be relevant today. If we hope to soar with Christ we need to stop being so rigid.
What about us? Are we flexible? Are we willing to make changes in our lives? Are we willing to move to another location if that is what God wants? Believe me, I'm talking to myself as well. I do not like change. We need to be willing to be stretched, pulled, pushed, and changed. I know in my life I need a little push every once in a while.

No comments: