Thursday, October 16, 2008

Temptation

Today when I got to Silver Rest Baptist Church the women asked if we could travel to Amai Banda's house for our meeting. She had missed the last few meetings because she has been in the clinic and not feeling well. So, we all piled in the truck and headed to her house. She was so excited that we came. I taught on the temptation of Jesus from Luke 4:1-13. After teaching, I asked the women to share one thing that they had learned from God during these last few months that I had been with them since this was our last time together. I was so excited to hear all that God had taught them. One woman went through about 5 of the stories I had taught her and shared what she had learned. Praise God! In the above picture you can see me with my friends from Silver Rest Baptist Church.



These are just some of Amai Banda's grandchildren. If you will remember, she has 23!

Next, I went to Chainda II Baptist Church and taught the same lesson. The women had some questions about temptations and how God could allow that to happen. It was exciting to share scripture with them and see them finally piece things together in their minds. They now realize that like Jesus they too can quote the Word of God to fight Satan!
Each week, at Chainda, we each have to lead in a song. This week, they did several songs that included some dancing. Now, just so you will know, Zambian women can dance. I think they must be double jointed in their hips or something. On this one song, they called each of us by name and then we had to dance to the front and then do a dance. They all enjoyed laughing at the white woman trying to dance like them! It was so much fun!
I have so enjoyed going these last few months to teach all these women. I'm sad that our time is finished though. We are about to start 40/40 so we will be out for one month. When we finish with that I will be seeking where else I can go and teach. Pray that I will know just where God wants me.
This is Petranella, one of the babies of the women I teach. Is she a cutie or what? You can believe that I have squeezed this one a few times!

1 comment:

Joshua, Amy, Caleb, Abby, Anna & Luke said...

can you teach me how to dance when I see you in lusaka :)) i always crack up laughin at myself when we get to the dancin' part of time!!glad you had fun!!