Tuesday, September 22, 2009

October is coming!

For most of you who read this blog Oct. brings cooler temperatures. Leaves begin to change colors and the beauty of fall surrounds you. Here in Zambia it is quite different. October is our hottest month and it is very dry so everywhere you look things look brown. We have just recently started getting council water(from Chongwe) so we are able to water our grass. You can see that it isn't a big spread but hey, it is better than it was before-nothing. Today it is 92 degrees in the shade, by Oct. it will be up at 100 degrees or more(in the shade). The other day I went outside and our turtle was sitting right under the sprinkler cooling off. As I took the pic. she started walking away. I couldn't help but smile because come October I may be sitting under the sprinkler myself!

No comments: