Saturday, October 3, 2009

Changed Lives

Thursday I went to teach my ladies and for whatever reasons there were only 4 that showed up. We waited for quite a while for others to come but it just wasn't meant to be. As we were waiting we enjoyed talking about culture and language. I always enjoy learning about their culture. I told the story of the early church from Acts 2:37-48 and then we discussed it. Although this all went well, the best part of the day was when I reached home. Hannah came running out to meet me and began telling me about her bible study. A couple of days after she prayed to receive Christ she decided on her own that she was going to do a bible study with her little friends. So every afternoon after they eat lunch they come together and she tells them a bible story, they color a picture, and then they pray. Hannah was amazed that her friends didn't really know how to pray. They could thank God for their food but they said they didn't know to pray any other way. We taught our kids how to pray the moment they began speaking but evidently it is different here. Hannah has been trying to teach them the Lord's Prayer and how just to talk to God like they talk to each other. It is so exciting for me to see the changes in her just over the last couple of weeks. Pray for Hannah as she teaches her friends and as she grows in her relationship with Christ.

No comments: