Thursday, April 8, 2010

Livingston trip-part 1

Monday, our family went to Livingston for a couple of days of vacation and fun. We arrived around 3:00 and got settled at our lodge and then went out to do a game drive until 6:30. We almost didn't go because of the time of year(rainy season) the grass was so tall. We were thinking we wouldn't see many animals. Well, we were wrong. We saw a lot of animals and it was so much fun especially for Hannah. It has been so long since she had seen animals so it was almost like her first time. Because of time I'm going to have to break up our trip into different blog posts so stay tuned for more.

Almost as soon as we drove in we saw this croc. sitting up on the road.

Isn't this precious of a mother and its baby?

Those are hippos out in the water.

I love Giraffe. They are my favorite African animal.

This elephant was trying to hide in the bushes.

This Giraffe walked right in front of our vehicle and crossed to the other side. I have it on video but it is too long for me to put on here.

Here is another hippo we saw. One funny thing happened as we were leaving the game park. We were rushing to get out by 6:30 so we were kind of going a little faster than you should and we came around a corner and there was a huge hippo in the road. We scared it half to death I imagine and it ran into the water. Let me tell you, hippos are big but they can move!! By the time I got my camera out and ready I just got a pic. of the splash.



Cape Buffalo

Warthog

No comments: