Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Beginings


This past Thursday when I went out to visit with the women at Chimusanya I had a surprise for them. I was not going to be the speaker on this day. Lesley has been studying Chinyanja since this past July. Today she was going to teach for the first time. She taught on how to lead your child to salavation. As parents we have the responsibility to teach and pray for our children. Even when they are very young we can begin praying for our children's salvation and teaching them stories from the Bible. So that when they get older and can understand the gospel they can receive for themselves the free gift of salvation.
Pray for Lesley as she continues to study Chinyanja these next couple of months. In July her family will be moving to Luangwa to serve.
This was probably my last time to visit these women for a while. I say that because we are about to begin 40/40 this week so I'll be out with that until May 22nd. Then in July we go to the states for our stateside assignment(furlough). After 40/40 I'll probably just visit closer to home until we leave. When we get back from the states(March 2011) we will be moving to the capital city. It makes me very sad to think about leaving Chongwe, our home for the last 10 years. I know we won't be far once we live in Lusaka but it just won't be the same. I have been blessed beyond measure as I have ministered to the women out here. I sure hope that I have taught them a lot but I know for sure that they have taught me so much more. Before I left on Thurs. the women gave me some gifts of corn, pumpkins, casava, bananas, peanuts, and mponda. I was truely humbled by their generosity. Please continue to pray for these women to grow in their relationships with Chirst.


This is Amai Zulu with her twin daughters. She is the pastor's wife at Chimusanya.

No comments: