Thursday, March 13, 2008

Children are a Blessing

Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them. And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, "Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me." Mark 9:36-37
We had about 10 children hanging around our camp and following us where ever we went. So on the first day while I was doing school with Hannah we got a coloring book and some crayons out and let them have some fun. After they finished their sheet they would come and tell me they were finished and wait for another sheet. We went through a whole coloring book. I think they really enjoyed themselves. A lot of times the children are overlooked. May we always take some time to help a child.

Here is a sample of their coloring.

This is my favorite picture! Me and my children had gone down to the river near the end of the day and these children followed us there. I was sitting up on a pontoon and the children all climbed up there with me. Aren't they precious?

Justin helping Kevin prepare to take the boat apart. He also helped set up tents and take them down, fill and haul our solar showers with water in them, carry mealie meal down to the river, and play with the other children. He was a great help and we were very proud of him.





This is Coby Cook, son of Ricki Cook, who went with us on this trip. Coby helped to carry out this mealie meal and it weighs about 60 lbs.

Here is Hannah sweeping out our tent. Believe it or not she volunteered for this job. It was so hot in this tent when we were setting it up and taking it down. Hannah helped me a lot to serve food to our helpers, to help me carry food down to the river to be transported to the other part of the team on the other side, she colored with the children, and did her school work. She was a big helper! However, on our last day there she said I should pay her some money for all that she had done. I had to remind her that everything we did was part of our ministry and we were all helping to serve God even as we sweep the tent!


Justin looking for his Father to come around the bend in the river.


No comments: