Monday, February 22, 2010

Time with Justin

This past week I was able to go and visit Zach and Justin at their school, RVA, in Kenya. I had fun being able to spend time with them both and seeing what their life is like there. I got to go to all of Justin's classes and even sit in on them. He didn't even mind that I did that. I think it is quite common there that when parents are visiting they try to go to some of their kids classes. I was also able to experience cafeteria food once again in my life. To be honest not much has changed! I was also able to meet a lot of their friends. Here are some pics. of Justin.
Justin with his friend Nathan C.

Justin and his roommate this term, Levi. Each term they switch rooms and roommates. Justin really has enjoyed both of his roommates so far this year.


The night of banquet while Zach and the rest of his dorm were out taking pics. Justin played with the dog to keep him occupied. Justin loves animals.



After Zach went to banquet all the 9th graders had a lock-in in the gym. The sponsers asked if I would like to be one of the chaperones. I agreed but said I didn't think I could stay all night. I ended up making it until 1:30am and then I had to go to bed. They played basket ball, soccer, volleyball, board games, and watched two movies. The kids stayed until 6:00am and then went back to the dorm to sleep.

No comments: