Friday, June 4, 2010

Always on my mind

At the beginning of the week I got this email from someone who has been so faithful to pray for us and other missionaries throughout the years. She also has always sent us birthday and Christmas cards. I have not been able to get her words off of my mind all week. Read it and then I'll write something below.



Dear Missionary Friends,

I’m so thrilled! I’m going to be with my Jesus very soon! I have metastasis cancer in brain, lung and liver and am in Hospice care. I don’t hurt, I just feel very tired. I’ll be seeing my son, husband, Mother, etc!

I love all of you very much and will continue to love and pray for you and yours and those you are serving as long as I am able.

Annonymous



I have not included her name but you can still pray for her as you think of it. I guess I can't get it out of my mind because it makes me think about my own life and how I would react if I knew I was about to die. This woman says she is thrilled! Would I be thrilled too?? How about you???



Psalm 23:1-2 LB “The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything that I need. He lets me rest in the green meadows: He leads me beside peaceful streams.”

Psalm 118:24 NKJV “This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.”

II Samuel 22:2b-3 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of thy salvation, and my stronghold, my high tower, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.”

Psalm 147:3 Message Bible “God heals the heartbroken and bandages their wounds.”

Psalm 23:6 NKJV “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

II Timothy 4:7-8 NKJV “I have fought the fight. I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.”

Isaiah 57:1-2 LB “The righteous pass away: the godly often die before their time. And no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For the godly who die will rest in peace.”

Psalm 20:5 LB “May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory, flying banners to honor our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers.”


No comments: