Thursday, August 28, 2008

Experiences

Today was a day full of experiences that I would like to share with you. I don't think I will write about them all in this entry so I will spread them out a bit.
I am an American living in Zambia now for almost 11 years. I love the Zambian people but I am not Zambian even as hard as I try at learning their culture and language. Every Sunday we are in a different church so it is a great experience for me to be with the same group of women for an extended amount of weeks. Today as I taught on the Prodigal Son and forgiveness the women began to open up and share things in their lives and ask questions. I have been there probably 8 different times, but today I could tell that they were finally starting to trust me. As we were talking, I felt a part of them. We laughed, slapped hands together, and teased. They listened to what I had to say and they responded. I felt a real connection, almost like I was one of them, a real Zambian.
Please pray that these women will continue to respond to me and that they would allow God to truly work in their lives.

No comments: