Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year Possibilities!

I love this picture first of all because I love the beach and secondly because it makes me think about how 2011 is about to be finished and 2012 will start a new.  2011 was a good year for our family but it was also a difficult year.  We had to say bye to our son Zach as we left the states to return to Zambia and he remained to go to college.  Justin was homeschooled for most of 2011 which he did not enjoy therefore making it difficult.  Then he went back to boarding school this past August.  When we came back to Zambia we moved from a rural area to the city which was a big adjustment.  These are just a few of things that have been tough for our family this past year.  2011 is about to be over but there are many memories and good things that I will be able to cherish about this past year as well.  Then with 2012 being new there are so many possibilities for the future.  I'm just glad that I have a personal relationship with Jesus and that no matter what happens in 2012 He will be right there with me all the way! 
I found this online and took portions of it to share on here.
I believe that we can find an answer in God’s word for any question or situation of life if we would just look. So what is there in God’s Word about New Year’s Resolutions? Well they are not called New Year’s Resolutions but I don’t think you could do better.  In the book of Proverbs chapter 3 we find one of the wisest men that ever lived with some good advice for us.
Solomon starts off this 3rd chapter with a very matter of fact statement.
1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, 2 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Then He gives very specific details of 10 precepts or principles that we should live by in order to have long life, prosperity and peace. Some of these are rather simple, in fact all of them are simple to talk about, but when it comes to putting them into practice it becomes more difficult. I think if each of us would adopt these principles and conscientiously live them out in this coming year that it would change our lives. I’m not talking about giving lip service to them but conscientiously live them out. Every day make it a part of your life. I believe that it will change our lives.
Resolution 1. LET LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS NEVER LEAVE YOU v 3-4
Resolution 2. TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART. v 5-6
Resolution 3. DO NOT BE WISE IN YOUR OWN EYES v 7-8
Resolution 4. HONOR THE LORD WITH YOUR WEALTH v 9-10
Resolution 5. DO NOT DESPISE THE LORD’S DISCIPLINE v 11-12
Resolution 6. SEARCH DILIGENTLY FOR WISDOM AND FIND IT v 13-24
Resolution 7. HAVE NO FEAR v 25-26
Resolution 8. DO NOT WITHHOLD GOOD FROM THOSE WHO DESERVE IT v 27-28
Resolution 9. DO NOT PLOT HARM AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBOR v 29-30
Resolution 10. DO NOT ENVY A VIOLENT MAN OR CHOOSE ANY OF HIS WAYS v 31 - 32

I challenge you to look up these verses and see how they can impact your life in 2012!

 Good -bye 2011.... Hello 2012.  Thank you God that we don't have to wait for a new year to start over; Your mercies are new every day-Great is Your Faithfulness!

No comments: