Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Daddy Weave

Have you ever heard of the Christian group Big Daddy Weave? I had never heard of them but evidently they have been around for a while. I just heard about them during our last session of 40/40 from one of the journeyman or journeywoman in this case. I listened to one song and I knew that I wanted to get one of their CD's. If you like Third Day, Casting Crowns, or Chris Tomlin you would probably like this group. While we were in South Africa recently I bought 3 of their CD's. Ok, maybe that is a bit much but they are really good. If you have never heard of them check out some of the words to a few of their songs below:

Who You Are To Me
You see yourself in the mirror of the temporary, and you think that your worth is something to be achieved. When your value really is a question of identity. Has it ever crossed your mind, who you are to Me? You're the precious child that I created. Who you are to Me. Bought with a price you're my beloved. Who you are to Me. Open your eyes and I'll show you how to see what I see. If you would just believe that you are who you are to Me. Defusing the instilled within the minds of children. You're the life inside a body that refused to believe. A revelation of My love is waiting just to be received. Won't you let Me show you who you are to Me? And I love you so much that I crossed the great divide and I love you so much that I sent My only Son to die. And there's no one who could ever take your place in My heart. I want you to know that I love you right where you are.

You Found Me
I saw 3 a.m. come and go again
Another sleepless night, thanks to living my own way
All my great ideas, I've regretted most of them
But that was back long before the day
chorus:
When I saw a flash of light and I heard the sound
Of a voice like thunder shake the ground
It was the first time I remember ever feeling my heartbeat
And the arms that gripped me felt like grace
And I realized in their embrace
To be held so tight, I've never felt so free
Also known as the day that You found me
My whole life has changed ever since the day You came
The way I see, the things I want, it's everything
Some may call it strange, I don't care what people say
I knew You were the only way
(chorus)
I've never known a love like this
You've captured my heart and You brought the sweetest
Peace to my life, brought me into the light
Now I'm all Yours, Jesus, draw me into You
I don't think that I could ever be the same
Who would want to be anyway

Give Up, Let Go
"I'd heard all my life, "Just hang on... You can make it!" That sounds so great, and the truth is sometimes that we just have to press into the Lord and hunker down because help is on the way. I've realized more often than not though, that so much of my anxiety comes from ME trying to take care of ME. Prov. 3:5-6 shows us that God is the one who wants to take care of us. We DO have a responsibility, but it's not to try and fix the problem. It's to trust Him and acknowledge Him so that HE can take over an make our path straight. Make the chorus of this song a prayer."

Desperate, grasping with a clenched fist
I try to hold my own life in my own hand
Frustration sets in, thought I had this
Failure is the one thing that I just can't stand
Oh, You remind me that taking care of me
Has never been in my job description
Oh, now I'm finding you want to fix it all
You're just waiting for permission
chorus:
I'm giving up, I'm letting go
Of everything that I've held onto
I'm giving up, I'm letting go
Of all the things that I've let hold me
For so long Lord I know
I need to give You full control
Hlep me give up, and let go
I want to trust You with my whole heart
Not lean on what I think I understand
And even when I can't see
Jesus, help me still to believe
You're unveiling an unfailing plan

And oh, sometimes the old me creeps back in
And oh, the only thing I know to do is give it all to You again
Help me give up, help me let go
Help me give up, help me let go
Help me give it all to You

2 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I (David) went to college with a few of those guys. They are the real deal!

Worshiping with you!!


We love you guys.

Unknown said...

Suzie, thanks so much for this posting. Although I have heard of this group, the lyrics in your post were not familiar to me. They were just what I needed today (especially "Give Up, Let Go").
You visited my church in Garner, NC on a stateside assignment several years ago, and it has been a privilege to support you in prayer. I have the card with your family's picture on it in my Bible, so that nearly everytime I open it, I see it, and am reminded to pray for you.
May God to continue to bless you as you bless others. I always enjoy reading your blog.