Saturday, January 24, 2009

Driving Slow....

Yesterday afternoon I went out with two of my ministry friends Amai Mwachamota and Amai Betty. We wanted to go visit our friend Amai Banda who has diabetes and her leg had to be cut off at the knee(I have written about her before). She is doing great and has even gotten an artificial leg that she can take on and off to help her get around better. She is even going back to church which is about 1-2 kms. from her home and climbing the stairs to get there. Isn't that amazing? Amai Mwachamota shared some scripture with her to encourage her and then I prayed for her. It was a great visit and we came away encouraged also.
On our way out Amai Banda's son asked if him and his second wife and baby could have a ride with us back to Chongwe. Yes, I did say second wife. His first wife was this woman's sister who also has a young baby. We all piled in the car and almost immediately Amai Mwachamota and Amai Betty started witnessing to him and sharing their testimonies. They were telling him the Truth, let me tell ya. I just smiled, prayed, and drove slow so that they could get it all in. What should have taken about 15 min. to get home took me 30. Oh well, this man and woman got to hear the gospel. He said he would go home and look up some of those scriptures. Pray for this couple to come to Know and Believe in God. Pray also for my friends to continue to be a light in this dark world. I was so proud of them both!

1 comment:

Angie said...

How cool!

So glad Kevin is home. I know you are too.