Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Day

I often times have people who will write and ask what a typical day is like for me as a wife, mother, and missionary.  I guess no two days are alike really so it is sometimes hard to answer that question.  I thought that I would write about what I did today so you could get an idea of what my life is like.
-I woke early to the sound of rain and praised God for it knowing this day would be cooler.
-had a QT.  I studied in Psalms today.
-exercised for an hour 
-showered
-did school with Hannah until 12:30
-did 3 loads of laundry
-talked to two friends on the phone
-made sorbet out of blueberries, strawberries, and a banana- we will enjoy that on the next hot day.
-oversaw some men coming in our yard to remove some branches from a tree that had been cut down.  They were loading all of these branches in a minibus(van)-interesting.
-a young 17 year old boy came by our gate today just to tell me a praise.  We first met Stewart a few weeks ago when he came by our house stranded in Lusaka and needing to get back to Mazabuka which is about 3-4 hours away.  We don't usually give out money but felt impressed to on that day to help him.  We did not have any money at the house at the time so I didn't know what to do.  Hannah heard the story and said she had money and she would give him transport money.  You know I cried and even Stewart had tears in his eyes when I told him the money was from our 10 year old daughter.  I really didn't think we would see him again but today he came by to just tell us how he was doing so well now and he is back in school.  God had answered our prayers and had provided money through the government for him to help with school fees.  You know lots of people come to our gate and ask for something.  This is one of the first times that someone has returned to say thank you and given a praise report about it.  I witnessed to Stewart and although he believes he will one day go to Heaven he has not yet repented of his sins and asked Jesus to come into his heart.  Pray for Stewart to even today get this most important decision finalized.
-I baked banana bread and oatmeal cookies.
-I delivered the cookies to some friends.
-I went to visit with my neighbor and took her the banana bread.  Hannah got to meet her daughter who is 11.  This is a big praise because we have been praying for a friend for Hannah.  We thought most of the houses on our block were businesses and have just recently learned there are some homes along this street also.  Isn't that funny, we have been praying since before we moved here for a friend and she has been here all along right next door! (There are walls around all of our homes so you can't see in) Please pray this will be a good friendship for Hannah.
-I answered email and checked facebook.
-I also fixed breakfast, lunch, and I'm about to cook dinner.
-After dinner I imagine we will watch a dvd and then go to bed.
Tomorrow will be different.  Some things will be similar to today but then it could look totally different.  Here is one of the Psalms I read today.  Hope that it will minister to you as it did me.

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name,
For the Lord is good and his love endures
forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

1 comment:

JD said...

God bless you (and Hannah!) - was blessed to read your blog!
John