Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going to the Farm

This is the Gordons who own the farm where my dad, Kevin, and Zach went hunting.  My Dad really hit it off with Dave so we went back another day for me and my mom to go too and see their farm.  It was an amazing farm!  I had never seen a farm so big.  It's only about an hour and 15 min. outside of Lusaka.

 This is their home.

 This is just one of his fields!  Isn't it beautiful?

 He has several of these watering holes and pumps throughout the farm.  



 They had just picked all the tobacco and now it was time to separate it into different grades and pack it up to sell.  This was very interesting to me.  I had never seen anything like it before.









 They put it in this machine and it presses it down into a nice little block.  

 As we were riding around the farm we were able to see some animals too.  Above are some of the ostrich we saw.

 They had Zebra too!

 My Mom!

 The Sable were beautiful and big!



 Kudu



Waterbuck

We had a great visit with the Gordons.  We hope to go back there one day!


No comments: